'We', 'us', 'our' means The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
'You', 'your' means:
- in the case of a limited company, any Director, Official and any other persons authorised by the customer to give instructions on the account(s); or
- in the case of a partnership, the individual partners (in their separate capacities of partners and individuals) and any other persons authorised by the customer to give instructions on the account(s); or
- in the case of a limited liability partnership, any member and any other person authorised by the customer to give instructions on the account(s); or
- in the case of a sole trader or professional practitioner, the customer who has an account(s) and any other person authorised by the customer to give instructions on the account(s);
'Security Details' means the identifying words, codes and numbers agreed between you and us that are used in the security procedure.
'Service' means Cards OnLine when accessed using the Internet.
- You must keep your Security Details secret and take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorised or fraudulent use of them.
- You must not disclose your Security Details to any other person or record your Security Details in any way that may result in them becoming known to another person.
- Please note that after initial registration or enrolment we will never contact you, or ask anyone to do so on our behalf, with a request to disclose your Security Details in full. If you receive any such request from anyone (even if they are using our name and logo and appear to be genuine) then it is likely to be fraudulent and you must not supply your Security Details to them in any circumstances. You should report any such requests to us immediately.
- If you suspect someone knows your Security Details you must contact us immediately. If you fail to do so, you will be liable for any unauthorised transactions on your account confirmed by use of the Security Details.
- You will be responsible for all instructions received by us between the time you pass the security procedure until you exit from the Service. Please note that this includes any input errors or instructions sent by someone other than yourself so please do not leave the device you are using to access the Service unattended while you are still logged onto our website.
- Telephone calls may be recorded for security and training purposes.
- We reserve the right to charge you and you agree to pay the charges for the Service or any part of it. Details of new charges and changes to charges will be notified to you in writing, or by a text message or E-Mail, at least one month before they take effect and will also be available on The Royal Bank of Scotland website www.rbs.co.uk/cardsonline
Availability of the Service
- While we will make reasonable efforts to provide the Service, we will not be liable for any failure to provide the Service, in part or full, for any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. This includes, in particular, any suspension of the Service resulting from maintenance and upgrades to your systems or those of any party used to provide the Service.
Variation/Termination of the Service
- We reserve the right to change the Service from time to time and shall give you notice of any material changes.
- We may, where we consider it appropriate for your or our protection, suspend, withdraw or restrict the use of the Service or any part of the Service. We will tell you as soon as possible if we take such action. We may also end the Service or any part of the Service at any time by giving you reasonable notice.
- You may terminate your subscription to this Service by notifying us. The notification will not be effective until we receive it.
- You will cease to receive paper statements but will be provided with an E-Statement.
- We will E-Mail you monthly to advise that your E-Statement is available for viewing. Where there has been no activity on your account and there is zero balance, an E-Statement will not be provided.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the E-Mail address that you provide to us is kept up to date.
- We will advise you of any changes to terms and conditions for the use of your card via Cards OnLine. The amended card terms and conditions will be available for viewing via a link from the Service.
- You are responsible for ensuring any payments due are made by the due dates as advised to you.
- The E-Statement of account will constitute a proper demand for payment to Us.
- Payment via the Service will not be available and payment should be made either through Direct Debit or from your account using electronic banking.
- If you are an administrator and require to make changes to your own account, you will be required to switch to the cardholder view to undertake this activity.
Management Information Reports
- If you currently receive Management Information Reports by post or E-Mail, these will cease, but you will be provided with an online version, which can be retrieved via the service.
- Where there has been no activity on your account, some of these reports will not be available.
- You are responsible for accessing these reports when they are available.
Who we are
- Your account is with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
- We are a member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group (the Group). For information about our Group of companies please visit www.rbs.com and click on 'About Us', or for similar enquiries please telephone 0131 556 8555 or Textphone 0845 900 5960.
Your electronic information
- If you contact us electronically, we may collect your electronic identifier, (e.g. Internet Protocol (IP) address or telephone number) supplied by your service provider.
How we use your information and who we share it with
- We may use and share your information with other members of the Group to help us and them:
- assess financial and insurance risks;
- recover debt;
- develop customer relationships, services, and systems;
- prevent and detect crime.
Your information includes information about your transactions.
- We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the Group except:
- where we have your permission; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law; or
- to other companies who provide a service to us or you
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement.
- From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we shall write to you. If you do not object to the change within 60 days, you consent to that change.
- If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Commercial Cards Division, Cards Customer Services, PO Box 5747, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 9AJ. A fee may be payable.
Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
- A link between you and anyone with whom you have a joint account or similar financial association will be recorded at credit reference agencies, creating a 'financial association'. All parties' information will be taken into account in future applications until one of you successfully files a 'notice of disassociation' at the credit reference agencies.
- We may make periodic searches of and provide information (including how you manage your account and any arrears) to, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and the Group to manage and take decisions about your account. Such information may be used by other credit providers to take decisions about you and your financial associates.
- We can provide the names and addresses of the agencies we use if you would like a copy of your information held by them. Please contact: The Data Protection Officer, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Commercial Cards Division, Cards Customer Services, PO Box 5747, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 9AJ. The agencies may charge a fee.
Privacy and cookies notice
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, if you give us any personal information about yourself or others we promise to treat it securely, fairly and lawfully. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
When we ask you for personal information online it will only be in response to you actively applying for or using one of our online products or services.
If you are giving us information for the first time we shall explain the purposes for which we shall use it at that time. If you are a customer already, this explanation will be in your account terms and conditions.
We may use personal information you provide for the purpose of providing more relevant content to you.
Cookies - what are they?
A "cookie" is a small text file that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
Cookies - how we use them
If you delete cookies relating to this website we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
Here we explain a bit more about each of these types and how you can control their use.
- Provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment
- Manage our marketing relationships
- Give you a better online experience and track website performance
- Help us make our website more relevant to you.
Cookies that are essential for us to provide a product or service you have requested and to provide a secure online environment
Without cookies we are unable to provide some products or services that you might request. Other 'essential' cookies keep our website secure. Even if you say "No" to cookies on this website we'll continue to use these 'essential' cookies.
Essential cookies are used to:
- deliver interactive services, such as:
- online banking
- product applications
- web chat
- maintain online security and protect against online fraud
Managing our marketing relationships
Our third party marketing partners may set cookies before you reach our site. If you wish to prevent this type of cookie (sometimes known as a 'third party' or 'analytical' cookie), you may do so through your device's browser security settings.
You'll sometimes see our advertising or special offers on other websites. Cookies provided by the other website or advertising network can tell us how effective this is. For example, if you click on one of our advertisements, the website owner might use a cookie to tell us that you came from their site.
Giving you a better online experience and tracking website performance
You'll still be able to use most of our online services, but some things might not work as you may expect if you do not allow us to store and access cookies on your device.
These cookies make our online services easier to use and help us to understand how people use our websites. For example, amongst other things they will:
We also use this type of cookie to understand how visitors use our online services and look for ways to improve them. For example, a cookie might tell us that lots of people give up on an application process at a particular step - so we can try to make that step easier to use.
- Make online banking login faster by remembering you between visits on your personal devices
- Simplify online transactions by remembering the last account you used and showing it as the default for your next transaction
- Display your mini-statements as you like them by remembering which panels you've expanded and collapsed
- Remembering relevant information as you browse from page to page to save you re-entering the same information repeatedly
Helping us make our website more relevant to you
Enabling us to customise your online experience based upon your individual circumstances, existing product holdings or activities during previous visits to this website. If you select "No", we won't be able to tailor your experience.
These cookies are used to ensure that we present you with product promotions and offers that are relevant to you. For example, if you have a personal account with us we will be able to recognise this and avoid showing you special offers that are only available to people with business accounts.
You can change your mind at any time but, for now, if you would like to opt-in or opt-out of the cookies we store and access on your device for the purposes described, please click here.
(If you do not change your preference using the link, your current preference, (as indicated) will continue to apply)|